Terms and Conditions
We (the Parents/Guardians) agree that on acceptance for admission of the student, we will abide by the following terms and conditions of enrolment.
PAYMENT OF FEES
1. We accept responsibility for the payment of the College fees which include tuition fees, boarding fees (if applicable) and any other fees and expenses required by the College.
2. Tuition and boarding fees are fixed by the Board from time to time. Fees are due by the 20th of the month following the invoice.
3. All other fees and charges are payable by the 20th of the month following the invoice.
4. Preschool fees are payable monthly in advance by direct debit.
5. Where tuition fees remain unpaid and no arrangement has been made as to their payment, then the Board of Governors may require us to remove the student from the College.
6. No fee is refundable where the pupil does not start or does not complete a full term.
7. Irrespective of time away on leave, sickness or for other reasons, full fees will be charged.
8. In the event that the term’s fees and charges are not met, or there is a lapse in an instalment regime resulting in a debt equivalent to two terms’ fees, the debt will be referred to the College’s solicitors or a debt recovery agency to commence debt recovery. The College will require the withdrawal of the pupil concerned until all outstanding amounts are recovered.
REGISTRATION AND ACCEPTANCE FEES
9. A non-refundable Registration Fee as fixed by the Board from time to time is payable with this application. (Note this is a registration fee only and does not commit the College to accept the student.)
10. A non-refundable Acceptance Fee, as fixed by the Board from time to time, is payable on the acceptance of the offer of admission to the College to secure a place.
11. A non-refundable Boarding deposit (if applicable) as fixed by the Board from time to time, is payable on the acceptance of admission to Queen Margaret House to secure a place.
12. In agreeing with these Terms and Conditions of Enrolment we declare that we are not aware of any conditions which may affect our daughter’s ability to study or to take full part in College activities.
13. If the College subsequently discovers any undisclosed information it reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place at the College or terminate the enrolment of the student at the College.
14. If an acceptance of a student is dependent on Government funding for Special Needs and that funding is subsequently withdrawn the College reserves to right to require the parents/guardians to meet the shortfall of funding, or to terminate forthwith the enrolment of the student at the College.
NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL FROM SCHOOL
15. Twelve weeks written notice of intention to withdraw the student from the College or four weeks written notice for the Preschool is required. This written notification must be addressed to the Principal. For withdrawal at the end of a school year notice is required by the last day of Term 3. Fees are payable over the notice period.
16. Where no notice or insufficient notice is given a fee of up to twelve weeks tuition will be charged in lieu of notice.
17. The College requires punctual and regular attendance from all students.
18. The College is to be notified of absence of any student by 9.00am on the day via the College answer-phone. Lateness or absence must be explained in writing on the day of the student’s return.
19. Prior approval for leave of the student from College during term time must be sought in writing from the Principal. It may be granted at the College’s discretion. There will be no remission of fees.
STANDARD OF CONDUCT
20. The student is subject to the rules and disciplines of the College.
21. The College reserves the right to stand down, suspend, request the withdrawal of or expel the student from the College for any act or omission that is in breach of the rules of the College, or for any act or omission which, in the opinion of the College, justifies such action.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
22. The College accepts no responsibility for any injury suffered by the student while she is in the care of the College.
23. The College accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property while on College premises or in the care of the College.
RELIGIOUS TUITION AND OBSERVANCE
24. Attendance at religious tuition and observance is required.
FEES PROTECTION INSURANCE
25. A compulsory fees protection scheme is in place for domestic students from Year One to Year Thirteen and a charge is levied on fees. This provides for the continuation of tuition in the event of death or permanent disability of either parent where they are both signatories to the Offer of Acceptance documentation. Cover is extended to age 70 for death and 65 for permanent disability.
26. Where fees are paid by parties other than parents the College must be notified at the time of acceptance of a place in the College.
USE OF AND UPDATING OF INFORMATION OR STUDENT INFORMATION
27. Any change in the information contained in the application form should be notified to the College as soon as reasonably practical.
28. We acknowledge that the purpose of the collection of this information is to provide for the education and general enhancement of the student.
29. We agree that this information may be released to parties outside the school at the discretion of the College where it relates to the education, health, welfare or safety of the student or management of the College.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time and these will be published on the school’s website.