Queen Margaret College civil defence procedures and plans are summarised briefly below.
The attached flow chart outlines our Emergency processes.
The College has stored:
- sufficient food and water to provide for students and staff for three days.
- sufficient medical supplies, safety and hygiene equipment, and emergency blankets.
Safety and evacuation drills involving students are practised each term.
Staff have specific roles and will support students in a civil defence emergency situation.
The local civil defence centre is Thorndon School and the College will liaise closely with personnel there in the event of a civil defence emergency.
Should a civil defence emergency arise the process is as follows:
- If safe the students will remain in their classroomsIf not safe, students will move to Assembly Area 1 which is the Hobson Gymnasium.
- Should a decision be made that the school needs to assemble to await further instructions they will be moved to Assembly Area 1 which is the Hobson Gymnasium.
- Students and staff will remain together in Hobson Gymnasium until directed otherwise by Civil Defence or Emergency Services staff.
- Parents will be contacted using the Website, QMC App, Email, and SMS message as to the College status.
- Should the school require evacuation please note the following:
- Instructions for student pick up will be sent via website, QMC App, Email, and SMS message.
- No student (including those over 18 years of age) will be permitted to leave the school until signed out by a parent or named emergency contact.
- Parents will be directed to the Parent Collection Point which is the Old Hall. (This may change).
- Parents must update cell phone and email contacts should they change. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org